Vertical business applications
From SME Guide
Adaptive Planning Express Edition provides a full set of capabilities for collaborative budgeting, reporting and analysis. Features include an intuitive, spreadsheet-like user interface; standard sheets for planning expenses and revenues; a specialized personnel planning sheet; formula-based modeling; and management of organizational hierarchies and user access rights. It can be downloaded and installed for individual use, as well as configured to provide web-based support for departmental teams or entire companies.
Among the features:
- Complete Set of Planning Components and Financial Statements: Budget and forecast Personnel, Expenses, Sales, and Capital from the bottom up or the top down. Link these elements via formulas to create a complete set of dynamic financial statements, including Cash Flow, Balance Sheet, and Income Statement.
- Metrics: Extend your plan beyond your Chart of Accounts. Budget and forecast any data required for your model, including operational metrics.
- Automated Consolidation: Budget and forecast changes made at the department level automatically consolidate to the corporate plan. The hassles of broken links and cutting and pasting data are eliminated.
- Configurable, Spreadsheet-like Data Entry: Data entry for managers is easy and intuitive. Data entry sheets are customized to show only the data relevant to them, and the interface looks and feels just like a spreadsheet.
- Dynamic Formulas: Formulas can be created in any data cell, just like a spreadsheet, and can reference data and assumptions from other cells to create dynamic results. Formulas can be established centrally for easy modification across the model.
- Drill-Downs: Real-time drill-down capabilities allow users to see where data originated.
- Web-based Access: Budgeting, forecasting and reporting can be done from any web browser, anytime, anywhere. No applications to install, no IT staff required to support or maintain the application. New users can be added at anytime.
http://www.apatar.com FLOSSMETRICS link: http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/apatar FLOSSMETRICS quality evaluation: http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/apatar/quality
An open source data integration and transformation system. It features:
- Connectivity to Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Sybase, DB2, MS Access, PostgreSQL, XML, InstantDB, Paradox, BorlandJDataStore, Csv, MS Excel, Qed, HSQL, Compiere ERP, SalesForce.Com, SugarCRM, Goldmine, any JDBC data sources and more.
- Single interface to manage all your integration projects
- Flexible deployment options
- Bi-directional integration
- Platform-independent, runs from Windows, Linux, Mac; 100% Java- based
- Easy customization, Java source code included
- No coding! Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations
The corga web application widely supports the processes that occur when a scientific conference or a workshop is being organized, with the submission of working papers as a starting point. After that reviewers for the submitted papers are being assigned and these reviewers judge the quality of the assigned papers using an easily customizable evaluation form. Then a ranking of the papers is being performed by the system and, based on this information, the administrator decides which papers shall be accepted and informs them about the acceptance. Using that information, the administrator can then set up a conference programme which can be published directly to the web. Meanwhile registration will be opened for participants, which can be listeners or speakers (people who present their paper).
Coupa e-procurement solutions enable companies to automate their entire buying lifecycle—from requisition, approval, and purchase order creation to RFQs, quotations, receiving, inventory, and invoicing. With a user-friendly experience that encourages mass participation, employees actually find Coupa solutions easier to use than to avoid. Supports local catalogs, non-catalog requests and requisition history.
http://www.crm-ctt.com FLOSSMETRICS link: http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/crm-ctt
CRM-CTT is designed to track and process "entities". One can attach files to such an "entity", own it, assign it, put alerts on it, prioritize it, publish it, invoice it, etcetera. The point is that the system doesn't decide what an entity is, you do! The tool is multi-lingual (currently available lots of languages) and is fully customizable. Besides that your webmaster will need about half an hour to get it up and running, after which it takes about another 30 minutes to import your data - and off you go. The advantage of CRM-CTT over similar software is the way it can be configured. Wether you want to register customer requests, computer assets, help desk tickets, or just your own to-do list (or all together in one database), it can be simply modified to act the way you like it to act. Virtually everything can be adjusted to your needs. For example, you could use CRM-CTT to process purchase orders, including the approval process. But, you could also use it to administer your website. Maybe you need a system to deliver a front-end for financial transaction logs, or for your backup status. Or maybe you just need an allround tool to process your helpdesk tickets or your projects. Whatever it is, it can be handled by CRM-CTT.
The Internet has been increasingly utilized in biomedical research. From online searching for literature to data sharing, the Internet has emerged as a primary means of research for many physicians and scientists. As a result, Web-based surveys have been employed as an alternative to traditional, paper-based surveys. We describe DADOS-Survey, an open-source Web-survey application developed at our institution that, to the best of our knowledge, is the first to be compliant with the Checklist for Reporting Results of Internet E-Surveys (CHERRIES). DADOS-Survey was designed with usability as a priority, allowing investigators to design and execute their own studies with minimal technical difficulties in doing so. DADOS-Survey was designed to ensure total compliance with the CHERRIES guidelines for Web-surveys. Table 5 summarizes the CHERRIES guidelines and lists features of DADOS-Survey that adhere to the CHERRIES recommendations.
Many people want quick and easy access to their email, contacts, calendars, tasks and notes, regardless of where that information is stored. Funambol syncs this data with 1.5 billion mobile devices and with thousands of applications and online services. It doesn't matter if you use Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, Hotmail, Outlook or Thunderbird, with Funambol, you can sync your email & PIM on many mobile handsets. The Funambol project was started in 2001 by developers because of the lack of an open source Java implementation of the SyncML (OMA DS) standard. This original project was known as Sync4j. At the beginning of 2006, it changed its name to Funambol, to have the same name as the company that grew out of the original project and that now funds its development. Funambol is a mobile open source platform that can be used for many types of mobile applications, including push email, PIM data synchronization and device management. It provides C++ and Java client APIs and server side Java APIs. It facilitates the development, deployment and management of a wide range of mobile projects.
http://www.jitterbit.com/ FLOSSMETRICS link: http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/jitterbit FLOSSMETRICS quality evaluation: http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/jitterbit/quality
Jitterbit is an open source integration technology that allows organizations to quickly and easily integrate:
- Enterprise Apps – Peoplesoft, Oracle financials, Siebel, JD Edwards, Salesforce.com, SAP, Netsuite, SugarCRM, Compiere, Vtiger CRM, OpenMFG, sharepoint, Documentum...
- Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, mySQL, Microsoft Access, Visual Fox Pro, and several others
- Web Services, Simple and Complex Flat Files (e.g. csv, heirarchical) XML, Active Directory, LDAP, Bugzilla, FTP, LDAP, JMS...
All integration operations run on the Jitterbit integration server. These operations are defined, configured, and monitored with the Jitterbit GUI application. This tool lets you point-and-click to configure all aspects of your integration:
- Define integration operations including source and target systems
- Create document definitions, from simple flat file structures (e.g. comma delimited) to complex hierarchic files structures.
- Use a drag-and-drop mapping tool to transform data between your various system interfaces.
- Set schedules, create success and failure events and track the results for your integration operations.
- Consume and Publish your integrations via Jitterpaks: Jitterpaks are pre-defined, reusable integration solutions for Jitterbit. Jitterpaks include all the details required for a specific integration (i.e. a CRM app to a Web Service.), including the document definitions, transformation rules, and source and target systems.
jbilling is a web-based enterprise billing system for business of all sizes. It manages your subscribers with automatic invoicing (email and PDF) and payment processing (credit cards, checks, direct deposit). Robust, well documented, commercially supported.
http://www.limesurvey.org/ FLOSSMETRICS link: http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/limesurvey
A complete survey management software:
- Unlimited number of surveys at the same time
- Unlimited number of questions in a survey (only limited by your database)
- Unlimited number of participants to a survey
- Multi-Lingual Surveys
- 20 different question types with more to come
- Creation of a printable survey version
- Ability to set conditions for questions depending on earlier answers (branching the survey)
- Re-usable editable answer sets
- Ready-made importable questions
- Assessment surveys
- Anonymous and Not-Anonymous survey
- Open and closed group of participant surveys
- Optional public registration for surveys
- Sending of invitations, reminders and tokens by email
- Option for participants to buffer answers to continue survey at a later time
- Cookie or session based surveys
- Template editor for creating your own page layout
- Extended and user-friendly administration interface
- Back-office data entry possibility
- Survey expiry dates for automation
- Enhanced import and export functions to text, CSV and MS Excel format
- Basic statistical and graphical analysis with export facility
The Power*MatchMaker will cleanse your data, validate and correct addresses, identify and remove duplicates, and build cross-references between source and target tables. This provides business users with complete and accurate data, and a single 360º view of each customer, product, sales rep and business unit. Whether you're building a Data Warehouse, Data Mart or CRM, the Power*MatchMaker goes a long way towards ensuring the data integrity of your decision support environment or CRM database.
- Transforms and cleanses Key Dimensions
- Validates and corrects address information
- Accepts user-defined data matching criteria
- User-friendly, highly-intuitive interface for Match Verification
- Allows for user confirmation of duplicates through the online verification facility
- Merges duplicate records and their related data
- Allows for Backup of impacted records prior to data merging
- Builds cross-reference tables to link source systems' identifiers (Primary Keys) to the target database identifiers
- Runs against the entire database to perform initial data cleanup, or incorporated into the data load process
A complete eCommerce system, with several advanced features:
search engine optimization (SEO), customer communication, ship to multiple addresses, search, product comparison, layered navigation, product tagging, product reviews, wishlist, checkout, shopping cart, customer accounts, multi-tier pricing, coupons, price rules, tax rules, integral content management system, customer groups, multiple currencies and languages.
Marketcetera is a new software platform committed to providing fast, flexible and reliable securities trading tools to financial services professionals. Our mission is to make world-class order-management and risk-management software available and affordable to individuals and to institutions of all sizes. Marketcetera focuses on building the key trading functions that are common to all organizations, thus freeing our clients to concentrate on proprietary trading algorithms and other specialized software that provide a competitive advantage. The components are:
- Photon: Photon is Marketcetera's visual order-entry application. It is based on the Eclipse Rich Client Platform and is exceptionally light-weight and extensible.
- The Order Management System is the heart of the Marketcetera platform. It receives commands from various entry points (such as Photon, Order Loader or Excel), and routes them to the appropriate destination. The OMS receives the reply from the counterparty (broker, exchange, etc) and forwards it to the client that issued the original order.
- Tradebase is a web-based reporting application for all of your trading activity. It can be used to view, create and modify positions, trades, accounts and equities. Tradebase can be accessed from a stand-alone web browser or directly from within the Photon order-entry application.
- OrderLoader is a utility for bulk-loading multiple of orders from a CSV file. The format of the file itself is data-driven, which means that the header row determines the fields that need to be present in the subsequent rows and which will be added to the message that is later sent to the OMS.
OpenPSA is a Free, Web-based Management Software Package for Consultancies and Service organizations. OpenPSA includes the following modules:
- Projects - Project Management, Hour Reporting and Invoicing
- Sales - Contact Database and Sales Project Tracking
- Support - Help Desk and Issue Tracking
- Calendar - Group Calendar and Resource Reservations
- Documents - Document Management and Sharing
http://orangehrm.com FLOSSMETRICS link: http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/orangehrm FLOSSMETRICS quality evaluation: http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/orangehrm/quality
OrangeHRM is an Open Source HRM information system that will provide a vast range of features to manage the crucial organization asset – people. It provides several modules:
- Administration Module (Admin)
- Personal Information Manager Module (PIM)
- Employee Self Service Module (ESS)
- Reports Module
- Leave Module
- Time and Attendance Module (Time)
The software supports project definition and company customers and timesheet management.
A complete New-Zealand specific payroll and HRM application. Paymaster has been developed to match the needs of both small and large organisations. Utilising an easily customisable back-end, that calculates the results to help meet the diverse requirements of your specific payroll. Complex tax laws, leave, varying pay rates, allowances, superannuation are just some of the things the payroll system can handle. It can also handle cost accounting by analysing and reporting wage costs to multiple branches and departments, different pay rates, etc. Full reporting features are available.
A UK-specific HR and payroll solution.
The Pentaho BI Project provides enterprise-class reporting, analysis, dashboard, data mining and workflow capabilities that help organizations operate more efficiently and effectively. The software offers flexible deployment options that enable use as embeddable components, customized BI application solutions, and as a complete out-of-the-box, integrated BI platform. Ranked #1 in Open Source Business Intelligence. The project cover the following areas:
- Data Mining
- BI Platform
PHP scripts to let non-technical users create surveys, administer surveys, gather results, view statistics. All managed online after database initialization. Large surveys (100 questions) and large respondent groups (4,000+) can be handled without a problem.
Php-residence is an open source program with a web interface for the management of weekly or daily rental of house apartments or residence and hotel rooms. Its main features are: configurable number and characteristics of apartments, periods, rates, etc., automatic assignment of the apartments with user defined rules, possibility to add weekly-daily or percentage extra costs to the rates, visualization of documents with inserted data for printing, creation of templates to check availability from an internet site, multi-user with privileges system.
ReOS is a Real Estate Web Site and Customer Relationship Manager. Allows for publishing properties in Internet & print them for the office window, task assignments, slaes agents, multilanguage with automated translation, buying requests and dispatching, multi-office.
SnapLogic is an Open Source Data Integration framework that uses the universal standards of the Web and applies them to the problem of data integration. Unlike commercial integration solutions that are designed for individual integration tasks, SnapLogic has the power and flexibility to address a wide range of data integration requirements without hand-coding. Data sources accessed by SnapLogic Resources present the data in a simplified record-oriented format that eliminates the complexity of application-specific data schemas. This enables Resources to interoperate more easily and facilitates reuse. Resources can be linked to other Resources through their REST interface. Linked Resources become transformation Pipelines. Pipelines can be assembled into hierarchies to implement complex logic and transform data for sophisticated integrations. SnapLogic has a built-in HTTP server which allows Resources to link across servers so that Pipelines can be partitioned to execute arbitrarily across data sources, intermediate transformation servers, or in any manner that is appropriate. SnapLogic uses an innovative record-streaming technique so that Resources can process individual records without waiting for entire data sets to become available.
SpagoBI is the only entirely open source Business Intelligence suite, supporting the development of innovative and flexible Business Intelligence solutions. It covers all the analytical areas of Business Intelligence projects, with innovative themes and engines: static reporting, dynamic multidimensional analysis (OLAP), discovery of hidden information through data mining processes, performance monitoring through hierarchical KPI models, real-time and deferred dashboards, interactive dashboards for rich and dynamic analysis, free inquiry through a visual tool (QbE). It supports ETL processes, the geographical and graphic analysis as well as collaborative processes. SpagoBI offers different choices for any analytical area, allowing end-users to compose the most suitable BI platform. SpagoBI can work in many environments, integrating itself with the users’ security systems and portals. SpagoBI is supported by Engineering Group, an IT global player and the Italian largest operator in the IT services market.
Talend Open Studio’s Business Modeler leverages a top-down approach, allowing line-of-business stakeholders to get involved in the design of the integration processes. The Business Modeler provides an easy-to-understand, non-technical view of a business workflow. It typically includes both the systems and processes already operating in the organization, and the ones that will be needed in the future. Systems, connections, steps and requirements are all designed using standardized workflow notation through an intuitive graphical toolbox. Talend Open Studio’s Job Designer provides both a graphical and a functional view of the actual integration processes; the Job Designer features the Component Library – a graphical palette of components and connectors. Integration processes are built by simply drag and dropping components and connectors to the diagram, drawing connections and relationships between them, and setting their properties. Most of these properties are already inherited from the metadata.
The Component Library includes over 80 out-of-the-box components and connectors, providing basic functions such as mappings, transformations, and lookups; specialized functions such as data filtering, data multiplexing, or ELT; and support for all major RDBMS, file formats, LDAP directories, etc. The Component Library can easily be extended using industry-standard languages such as Perl, Java, or SQL.
Talend Open Studio is a metadata-driven solution, in which all metadata is stored and managed in a centralized Metadata Repository, shared by all the modules. The Metadata Repository centralizes all project information and ensures the consistency of all integration processes. Beyond source and target systems metadata, the Metadata Repository also stores business models, integration jobs, and results of their execution – making it the unique repository of information on all integration processes. Unlike many integration solutions, which are based on a centralized integration server or can only use RDBMS engines to process data, Talend Open Studio dynamically distributes the processing across a grid of systems – based on their available capacity. As a result, these systems do not need to be dedicated to executing integration processes. Instead, Talend Open Studio leverages available resources, regardless of their nature. This architectural approach enables data to be processed at a location which is the closest to its source (thus decreasing data transfers).
TenderSystem is an Internet based electronic tendering system to source, award and manage the total procurement process. This tried and tested technology leverages the age-old principle of supply and demand, through reverse auction, ensuring that products are purchased at the best possible price, at a lower administration and management cost, than any other method. It covers all the activities needed for the electronic tender, included source, purchase, payment and management.
TimeTrex is a complete web-based payroll and time management suite which offers employee scheduling, attendance (timeclock, timesheet), job costing, invoicing and payroll all in tightly integrated package.
ZoneMinder is intended for use in single or multi-camera video security applications, including commercial or home CCTV, theft prevention and child, family member or home monitoring and other domestic care scenarios such as nanny cam installations. It supports capture, analysis, recording, and monitoring of video data coming from one or more video or network cameras attached to a Linux system. ZoneMinder also support web and semi-automatic control of Pan/Tilt/Zoom cameras using a variety of protocols. It is suitable for use as a DIY home video security system and for commercial or professional video security and surveillance. It can also be integrated into a home automation system via X.10 or other protocols.